Saturday, May 14, 2011

Chocolate Kirtle - Partlets!

One of the key ways I intend to make the Chocolate Kirtle change from look to look, is by adding several different partlets. Partlets can save my fair skin from the evil sun and make my dress more period-appropriate at the same time. The beauty of historical costuming is in the details, and partlets are not used nearly enough, in my humble opinion. Below is a montage o' partlets that I find particularly beautiful... i.e. I'll probably die if I don't make them one day. The won't all be appropriate with a simple linen kirtle, but the overall shape and look can be used with numerous materials to achieve nothing short of greatness.

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm, partlets :) Those are all so lovely. I have 3, so I think I'm using them enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's because you're super duper awesome and made of win. Now, we shall have to spread the addiction!

    ReplyDelete