Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Chocolate Kirtle - Flemish Syle

After a long day of work yesterday, I arrived home, cooked some amazing pork souvlaki for dinner, and then had to head to Officer's Meeting, as I'm currently the Exchequer of the Barony of Gryphon's Lair. This meant my evening was pretty shot as far as starting on my kirtle goes, particularly since the lightbulbs in my studio require replacing and cutting fabric in the dark isn't really an option. Well, that and discovering that Season five of Doctor Who is now available on Netflix...

So I have nothing new to report on progress, but I can share more details on the different looks I intend to obtain by using this chocolate kirtle as a base gown. I'm not sharing these looks in order of my intent to finish them... I will likely finish whatever is fastest first, since the camping season is upon me.

The painting Market Woman by Pieter Aertsen shows a Flemish working class dress that I've been lusting after for many, many years. What can I say? I'm a procrastinator. By adding a front-lacing overgown, partlet, sleeves, and an awesome hat to my chocolate kirtle, I will finally have my Flemish dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment