Thursday, June 2, 2011

Blackwork Update

I worked on the blackwork while watching some TV last night (instead of reconciling gate from Quest - bad exchequer!). Once I add the black bits to these last three, I'll have enough for one cuff. So I guess it's time to decide if I'm actually making cuffs, or if I should carry on and do a collar. I really didn't have a plan in mind when I started this.


On a totally different topic, I got a wild hair this morning, and went in search of a copy of my favorite childhood book. It was a mother goose rhyme book, but it was illustrated so beautifully that it inspired me to be interested in art. I now know that the clothing in most of the pictures were Regency and Victorian era, and I would love to look at it with more knowledge and older eyes. There might have been some Georgian in there too, but I don't remember. Of course, searching for a mother goose book is like a needle in a haystack. It might be this version, but without seeing the cover or at least one interior page, I have no idea. The publish date seems a bit off to, as I think I remember it from being younger than that, but I could be mistaken. I know it had a hardcover, for sure. I've dropped a line to my momma to see if she remembers.

No comments:

Post a Comment