Monday, November 7, 2011

ACC Update

I have a lovely time at Kingdom Collegium on Saturday, though I didn't get chance to attend or teach any classes - I was sitting as troll all day. I did sneak off to go to the ACC meeting, and got to socialize a little.  I didn't have a chance to take any handwork to Collegium, as I had already finished my lucet cords for lacing the dress.


The bodice is complete, and I have discovered what a delicate and moody fabric this is.  It has a very light, open weave, so it's very easy to snag the fabric, and seam allowances need to be very carefully finished as they will fray out and become nuisances of themselves.

I assessed my skirt issues, and I think I'll be fine for length. I removed the front panel from the rest of the skirt and am dealing with it separately for now, as it will not be pleated all the way across the front.  Once I'm done marking my pleats, I will reattach the front panel to the back/sides (making sure to do it correctly this time), and all will be well with the universe.

My goal is to have the skirts fully attached and hopefully hemmed by the end of the week.  I'm running several weeks behind schedule, and need to get started on my partlet.

3 comments:

  1. Yay for progress! Are you hoping to have this done for solstice or 12th night?

    It was so good to see you at collegium! Sorry you had to sit troll all day :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am hoping to have the Sotanna done by Solstice, but seriously doubt all the accessories will be done by then.  Unless I take a week off work... (seriously tempting).

    I love seeing you when you come down!  I'd love it if we could all do a girls night out one of these times, so we can  hang out sans corsetry and such.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks great! Good luck with the skirts. 

    ReplyDelete