Wednesday, May 8, 2013

25th Street, Ogden

Sunday I arrived early for a showing of From Up on Poppy Hill at the Arthouse Cinema 502. It was a glorious spring day, so I wandered up and down 25th Street (Two-Bit Street for the historically inclined) to kill a little time.  I've been reading a book about Two-Bit Street, a fascinating history of a seedy part of town, birthed by junction of the Transcontinental Railroad. Local lore has it that gangster Al Capone declared the place too wild for his tastes.[1]

The place is much different today - a street of eclectic shops museums, restaurants, and more.  I was struck by how pretty it is. I don't miss living in Ogden, but I must admit it's a pretty cool city.




1. USA Today

1 comment:

  1. I don't go to 25th street. It's been a den of sin for over a century! Anyone who goes there today surely has a death wish.

    ReplyDelete