Thursday, February 28, 2013

Studio Update and other Ponderings

So Bella Lucia da Verona has announced the Italian Renaissance Costuming Challenge #3 (IRCC3) over at Realm of Venus.  These challenges have done a LOT in promoting Italian costuming/dress, and Bella is to be commended for her amazing work on these projects.  I've been thinking about entering, if only to push myself to actually finish some projects this year.  I hesitate though, because I have promises out for 3 scribal projects, and 3 sewing-related things for my hubby already (and clearly suck at getting anything done, whatsoever.  One of those scribal projects has been in the hopper for nearly a year - a wedding gift that is seriously late.

What do you think?  To enter, or not to enter?

I'm nearing completion on my studio space (two boxes left to unpack, and some final decorative items to go up).  What do you think (aside from the fact that I need to finish that Kirk tunic already)?

View from Stairs
Sewing and Serger Desk


Adjustable table and storage!

Adjustable table, art desk

View from rear corner

Art desk with light box

4 comments:

  1. I'm sure I'm biased because I have had such positive experiences with the IRCC, but I say go for it. It is a great deal of fun and I have learned so much from it and having deadlines is such a good thing for me. Not to mention the community of people I get to be involved in through interacting with my fellow challengers. I'm very sad to not be participating this time around, so need more people to sign up so I can live vicariously.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww you're not entering this year? Why not?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathlin SommerfieldMarch 1, 2013 at 10:09 AM

    Completely inspiring me to get off my butt and organize my space and yes, you should enter IRCC3. The experience would be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry-- just saw this. We're buying a house and are moving this summer. I'll be going crazy enough doing that so IRCC isn't going to fit. Maybe next year. :)

    ReplyDelete