Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Name Change + Largesse

Firstly, you may note that I've changed my blog name from The Path Within to Cobalt-Dragonfly Creations.  I made the change because this blog has become much more public than I first thought it would be.  I thought it would remain just a log of my personal projects, but now the name seems...off.  I think it's a good thing, to progress forward and move with the times.

I doubt this will require anything of you, though your blogrolls may or may not self-update.  I don't have a clue on that.  The URL did not change at all.

Secondly, a common practice within the SCA is to provide largesse, to show your skill and generosity to the crown / coronet / etc.  About seven   years ago I created Kingdom flag fans which were then taken to a large war for distribution.  I honestly can't remember if it was Estrella or Pennsic... oh brain, how I miss thee!  Either way, I was not in attendance, more's the pity.

I worked on these with Lord Grifon, and I think we got most if not all Kingdoms done, even if they aren't pictured.

I'm trying to determine what my next largesse project will be.  What's your favorite thing to make and give away?

6 comments:

  1. Those are amazing! What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanna be you when I grow up

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe I was wondering if you had pictures of those still, if I remember right they were taken to Pennsic for the life of me I can't remember who was on the throne at the time...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Based on the time the photos were taken, they must have been for Morgan and Esabell to take to Estrella.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww shucks! I've seen the amazeballs work you have done as Royal Scribe (a job I have never been asked to do, much to my luck), so are already way cooler than me.

    ReplyDelete