My beautiful Noelle-friend from Adventures of a Wanna-Be Seamstress nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award. Such a sweet thing, especially considering my activity here has been very slow ever since my basement flood. Thank you, Noelle. You have totally made my day.
Now we're in the process of buying a home, and will be moving in two weeks! Eek! But once things are settled there, I'm planning to be much more active here.
1) Thank and link back to the person who nominated you
2) Paste the award to your blog
3) Tell 7 things about yourself
4) Nominate up to 15 other blogs
Seven things about me!
1) I'm a member of the SCA, and have been for about 16 years. I became a member of the order of the Laurel for my calligraphy and illumination, but since about 2004 I've been obsessed with costuming (but not so quick with the learning and applying my education to making things).
2) I'm a newlywed, and my hubby is very supportive of my insanity.
3) I have a dangerous addiction to buying fabric. I'm going to have to put a moratorium on buying anything until I've used up stuff from the stash.
4) My mother taught me some basic embroidery skills when I was about 10; something I have built on a bit but have goals to use more in my costuming. Like my mother, however, I have a large unfinished cross-stitch project that stares me in the face.
5) My sewing skills are largely self-taught... I'm not sure I can count that 7th Grade home economics class too much. I remember sewing a "C" shaped pillow in that class, that most thought was a neck pillow.
6) I would love to start doing calligraphy on a professional basis. Not sure how to get to that point, but it's a goal.
7) I have recovered from Graves' Disease. One of my most prominent symptoms was hand tremors, which for someone who loves being creative with my hands, was most devastating. I feel very blessed that this appears to have passed without surgery or drastically killing my thyroid.
Nominate other Blogs
- Opusanglicanum - Aside from being delightfully charming, her embroidery knocks my socks off.
- Mistress of Disguise - Entertaining and ridiculously skilled at both costuming and prosthetic makeup. Quite the repertoire!
- Eulalia Hath a Blog - Her research is detailed, and she makes me want to do earlier period dress. Not many can do that!
- Romantic History - She does a wide variety of periods in her dressmaking, and her finishing work is impeccable, all while caring for a house full of children. Amazing!
- Dragon's Scriptorium - A place for the SCA Scribes of Drachenwald to post their works. I wish Artemisia would do this.
- Caravan of Elephants - Hannah's work never fails to impress me. I hope to meet her soon; we live in the same Kingdom, after all!
- See Jane Sew - Jane is a total riot, and ambitious as hell. Love this lady.
- TrulyHatBlog - Truly's skills as a hatmaker blow my mind. She has invested so much into her craft, I am in awe.
- HollyIggyMom - Holly's zibillino are THE standard to meet (except you don't have to, because she'll sell you one). Her jewelry is seriously the bomb. She makes me feel pretty. If I manage to get myself together to do what I want for Solstice Court, I totally want her to make me one of her new bird guys. Work on a bluebird, Holly!
I follow about eleventy-gazillion other blogs, and they all deserve some kudos, but this time, I'm hanging my hat up here.