Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Organization

My progress on the ACC has been very slow to start. Thus, to get myself on track with the long list of things I wanted to accomplish with it, I set up a task list and aligned them with my calendar for due dates. Then, I discovered the awesomosity that is Astrid.com. It's an easy to use task list, which has a free Android app for my phone that also syncs google tasks. You can use Astrid to assign other people tasks, or follow other people's tasks like a stalker. And who doesn't want to be a stalker?


You can also set Astrid up to be a widget on your android phone so you can see today's tasks at a glance. Word to the wise though - Google tasks are weak - sync once to import your tasks, and then use Astrid exclusively. I had a background sync activated and Google over-rode the due dates I'd plugged in through Astrid. This is turned off now.

I'm super excited and on track now, as I now know how little time I actually have to accomplish my goals. Yikes! Time to get cracking!

2 comments:

  1. It kind of freaks me out a little when I realize how little time we have left, and how much my "real life" is going to interfere with my ACC stuff...stupid mundanities!  I'm going to have to find time to invade Noelle's house and really buckle down!  o.O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inorite!?  That's what prompted me to set up a timeline for myself with mini deadlines for each step of the project.

    ReplyDelete