Monday, August 22, 2011

ACC - Muff Progress

I have finally put needle to fabric in the ACC. Finally. Between scroll work, Sven's tunic (of which I still owe you pictures), and my exchequer duties, I feel like I'm very behind.

This image is reflecting the fierce yellow of my living room walls (I usually photograph things down in my studio with my special art lamps), so while the color is off, it's proof I've done something.

Due to the delicacy of the gold worked trim, I have to hand sew everything for maximum control. I have sewn down the two border strips and have begun sewing down the edging braid to "hide the ugly." So far, so good. I'm not really looking forward to hand sewing the fur though...

I have selected some buttons from my stash that have a bit of a gold filigree/black enamel look. I think they will work well. They're extras from my black/red corduroy "doublet" circa 2002. I remember being so proud of that thing, and now I look at it hanging sadly in my closet and wonder what I was thinking at the time.

4 comments:

  1. This is going to look so fabulous! Love the trim, and all the textures going on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excuse my ignorance! What is the "ACC"? I think I am not in your kingdom so I don't know what it is!

    Cilean

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is an Artemisian costuming challenge, patterned after Bella's Italian Renaissance Costuming Challenge from Realm of Venus.  The details can be found here:  http://www.coteduciel.org/challenge.html

    ReplyDelete