Friday, December 21, 2012

In the Beginning...

New craft/sewing/art space!  And yet with some dismay, I admit this is what it looked like as of 8:00 pm last night.
View from the Stairs
View from the back corner

It feels a bit overwhelming because one key piece of furniture is my sewing desk, which I don't yet own.  It's a Christmas gift from my wonderful husband, but we've yet to take the trip out to Ikea to pick it up.  I've already picked it out though, so that's half the battle.  It just feels awkward to try to unpack space when that is missing.  I'll do my best though!

A couple challenges:  The dark paneled walls. I hates them.  I don't have the resources or time to deal with that right now though.

Flickering fluorescent lights.  This is a major problem that MUST be addressed.  My brother is an electrician whom I hope to bribe into doing some work for me to fix this up (track lighting would make my heart so very happy!).  But I can't wait for that to be done before fixing up and unpacking everything.  There are tasks to be done!

I'll provide updates as I progress with organizing and putting this hot mess in order.

2 comments:

  1. As for the paneling, I'd highly recommend you just paint them white for now. I'm guessing you don't like them, and it would be more work to take down the paneling. If you paint it now, you'll be able to have enough light for the time being. Ask a friend or two to take an hour and help you out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd thought about that, and my issues are that I have a feeling my husband won't like the idea, as well as the fact that they're very thick, textured panels.  I'd probably have to sand the hell out of them (more work), and there are built-in cabinets on one side so I couldn't paint the wall adjacent to the stairs without messing with those hidden-ish things.  I'm kinda tempted to hang curtains from the ceiling against the wall.  Like ceiling to floor panels.

    ReplyDelete