Thursday, September 13, 2012

Wedding Favor

My husband and I recently celebrated a combined wedding reception on the East Coast with my Father-in-Law and his new bride.  Joe asked me to design a coffee mug with our names and wedding dates to be given out as wedding favors.

At first I was hesitant, because I thought it would be silly to do hand calligraphy on something that could be done by computer much more quickly and uniformly.  Then Justin explained that I had creative license to design something between the names.  Interest piqued. 


I went with a Gothic Textura Quadrata hand with some cadel flourishes.  I was sorely tempted to doctor up the results in photoshop, as numbers are a particular weakness of mine, but I let them fly with all their glorious imperfections.  I then designed a fleur de lis within lined flourishes, and an infinity symbol featuring the word "Love."  The mugs turned out quite nice.

We're all sweaty after several hours of dancing (with crazy party favors!)

Laughing through the "posed" picture

Super sweet picture of my parents (notice the wedding favors on the table behind them!)


4 comments:

  1. The weeding decoration is one of the main thing which a weeding planner considers. There are various ways to decorate the weeding settings. As people enjoys the wedding ceremonies much . We can use various types of wedding favor to decorate such occasions .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cecilie Szkotak RasmussenSeptember 23, 2012 at 1:44 AM

    What a sweet favor :D if you would allow me and had a picture of the mug, I would really love to post it on my medieval wedding blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have edited the entry to include photos of the finished mug.  You're welcome to link to this entry on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cecilie Szkotak RasmussenSeptember 26, 2012 at 11:01 PM

    Thank you that's awsome :)

    ReplyDelete