Wednesday, May 9, 2012

My Weakness

My weakness?  A fabric sale.  Admit it, costumers, fabric sales are wallet-slimming fiends! 

Fabrics-Store.com had a sale on their medium weight linen last week, so I demanded that Sven pick out a few colors for tunics.  He picked out the royal purple and autumn gold.  I'm told the autumn gold is for a "Kirk" inspired tunic *snerk*.  I picked up some black and white for the stash  That stuff is always handy to have around.


The darks are in the wash now, for pre-shrinkage.  I still hope to have a new undershirt done for Sven for Quest, but I haven't even started it and it's two weeks away.  Where has my time run away to?

I have sadly gotten in the very bad habit of sitting in front of the TV after work, and it is draining all my time away.  We're tempted to cancel our Netflix account to curb our potato-ing.  Tonight we have guests coming over, so I may not get started yet again.  But tomorrow, I have no excuse!  This weekend will be full of shenanigans at the Utah Renfest and other social obligations.  

In other, completely unrelated news, I have been playing with different braids/braiding techniques lately.  The hair is back down to my waist again, and it's been a ton of fun to play around.  Today's adventure is two dutch braids that are wound around each other to make a braided spiral in the back.  Excuse the poor photo - it's surprisingly difficult to take a picture of the back of your own head with a smart phone.  Also, it's nearing the end of a sort of crazy day, so I have loose wild hairs.


6 comments:

  1. BritneymortensonMay 9, 2012 at 5:00 PM

    1. That hairstyle is awesome!
    2. Two weeks for an undertunic?!?! That shouldn't take so long!
    3. Yes, you should cancel your Netflix. It will encourage you guys to try new things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That linen is lovely! I haven't been able to hoard fabric for the past few years, since I'm a student and have been moving around so much. I can't wait until I work out a storage solution and can start buying new fabric again! And I lose so much time to tv, too... I've been trying to make sure that if the tv is on, I'm also working on something else and not just losing my time! Not sure it's working, though... 

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!  I'm SLOW!  Also, my weekends are booked and I work long hours. And I tend to do a lot of hand sewing... might have to forego that this time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to do this!  Embroidery and stuff is awesome for TV time.  Lately I'm just a lazy lump.  Time to change!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your hairstyle.. Someday you or someone as cool as you will have to teach me to french braid.. I don't know how at all, even on someone else, and since I can't have a live in hairstylist, doing my own hair has become an adventure.


    As for the linen, Ty never picked colors so I picked for him. his was for Salwar though so he got a dark blue and a cocoa brown.
    *I* got Majestic purple and marigold for a new campi style dress though so WOOHOO!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am much better at French braiding on myself than Dutch.  Muscle memory, methinks, since I've been doing them so much longer.  On other people though... that's a whole new ball game. lol!  I would be happy to show you though.  I learned by watching someone else do it on herself.

    Oooo I almost got some majestic purple, but it's super close to the royal, so I nixed it.  Also I had a hard time justifying buying more with the stash I have. >.> Time to start working!

    ReplyDelete