Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Belt Favor

Most people who know me know that I'm ridiculously addicted to bright, vivid shades of blue. Cobalt and peacock/teal being my favorites. My dear hubby asked me to give him a favor to wear while fighting, so I turned to my stash for something to embroider on. I have a pretty large length of this gorgeous teal linen left over from a hood project I've yet to complete and is a looming Unfinished Object (UFO) from my past.

I recently submitted my device and badge up the chain through the Heralds of the SCA, and while I'm waiting patiently impatiently, I decided go ahead and use my device as designed.

I drew the badge onto the linen and stitched it using a chain stitch, which I must admit I was new to. I've done a ton of back stitch, stem stitch, and Holbein stitch cross stitch, long-arm cross stitch, and many other kinds of embroidery in my life, but never chain. So it took a bit to get the hang of it. I think you can tell from the finished project, but I like to leave things as proof of learning rather than pick them out and try to be perfect all the time.

Also, I didn't take a picture of the finished piece, so I stole this from hubby's Facebook page. I hope he forgives me.

No comments:

Post a Comment