Saturday, July 30, 2011

Silk!

I asked Serafina to spread the word (werd, yo) about Bangkok Thai Silks, whom you can now buy directly from (used to be via e-bay only), and their prices are pretty darn good for silk taffeta. But I neglected to mention it myself. Until now. Their same silk is going for $19.99/yd on e-bay, but there are significant discounts buying directly ($9.99-$16.99). Note that you will need a paypal account to buy from them.

This is, by the way, the vendor I used to purchase the "cobalt-green" shot silk for my elevation gown:


The silk hoarder in me would love to keep it a secret, but I love you all too much not to share.

Enjoy! (and I'm sorry)

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing! Silk taffeta is my favorite... It's amazingly beautiful, and besides that, it's so easy to sew with :) 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh... this is a tough one for me!

    I WANT to buy silk from them, but the two times I did, the silk was paper thin! I just haven't had luck with them. Both colors they sent me were thin and cheap :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. That makes me sad. :(
    I would presume that the less expensive 9.99 range fabrics may be thinner - but even at that cost it might be doable if you budget in muslin to flat line it for strength. I've just ordered some eggplant silk, and I'll let you know what the quality is like when it arrives.  I suppose I got astoundingly lucky with my cobalt green, because its quality was gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to see this! I love their silk but always waffle on ordering because of the price. 

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooo - my husband is NOT going to happy with you.  ;o)

    Right there on the first page I looked was some scrumptious black, blue and silver silk that would make the most FAB qwazhee coat for me. 

    And I am just SURE I need another one  ;)

    ReplyDelete